Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Club 8

So...some of my Disney friends are doing something called Club 8. Club 8 is for people that want to lose weight and get healthy. I signed up in January. And lost...about 4 pounds. I am up to 14 pounds lost for my goal of 20 to stay in the Poly in March. The BEGINNING of March. So I HAVE to lose 6 more to go the distance!!

And...in going the distance, I will also be walking the half marathon (fast walking, some jogging) in March, too.

But I have been sick. Really sick. For almost 2 whole weeks. But I am well...better at least. And I am hitting it again tomorrow. Not hard. Maybe a mile. Or two. But I have got to get back in it! I have 13.1 miles to train for! And I refuse to give up...refuse to give in! I can do it!!!

My goals>>>>>
This week> One short workout for 1-2 miles. One medium workout for 4 miles and one workout for 6 - yep SIX miles.

Because I have only 3 more weekends after that to hit 8, 9 and 10!!! I was going to try to taper before the real event, but I have heard the walkers really don't have to and I need as much confidence as possible going in to the big race.

Thanks for following me. Thank for the support.

I really appreciate all of your comments about the unfortunate situation the last few days. I feel very supported and I know Amber does too. :) Thank you all!

6 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon Maroo. Great job on the the Club 8 goals!!!! Now keep moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get to feeling better soon and congrats on joining in on Club 8. Since we're in the same city, we ought to go "wog" together sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better, and congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have NOT stopped blogging like you said you would.

    ReplyDelete