Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Practice

Before I get to my actual blog entry, I must introduce someone to you guys...

This is Muffin. She doesn't normally wear "clothes"...but she got dressed up to go to a party! I will post pictures from that party in another update...

But for now...meet Muffin!




Now, to the big news...I DID IT!!!!

This morning I went to the gym with a friend and was able to complete the following...

8 miles on the bike - followed by...
2.1 miles on a walking trail - followed by...
250 meter swim in the pool!

So...I did it! I can do all of those in one sitting...so I should have no trouble finishing the triathlon!

Of course, we will swim first on the big day, but I didn't think the gym would appreciate us running around the gym soaking wet.

Now, my timing was not great. We had a lot of transition issues because we had to walk outside, down 2 flights of stairs, and over to the walking trail to do the 2.1 mile walk - so that took extra time. I also had to stop and take a quick restroom break.

So...regardless of my final "time" I will be able to finish! :)

2 comments: